I love bananas. I love cupcakes. I love Rum! So Banana Rum Cupcakes? Extra in love! What’s better than a decadent sweet spiked cupcake? Nada, nothing, zip! Add a peanut butter buttercream frosting and you’ve got a serious winner. I definitely prefer cooking to baking, but I can still hold it down in the baking arena as long as I keep things simple 🙂What's better than a decadent sweet spiked cupcake? Click To Tweet
The idea of these cupcakes came to me as I was brainstorming what to bring to a Halloween party last month. I wanted to be creative, but not too crazy (since I don’t really bake) so I figured how hard could making a spiked cupcake be? Just substitute the liquid you normally use (milk or water) for liquor! Boom!
Banana Rum Cupcakes were my decision because, well, I love bananas.
I used a basic cupcake recipe like this one HERE as a guide and added my additions. I made these cupcakes TWICE! The first time it was way too dense. The second time I added more flour and it came out better. So definitely don’t skimp on the flour. Hope you enjoy 🙂
Highlights Of This Recipe
- It’s a spiked cupcake recipe, end of story!
- It’s simple and easy. No crazy ingredients.
- Since most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry/fridge, it’s a budget friendly recipe
- It tastes delicious! The cupcake may have a dense consistency, but the taste is great.
- Any event that you are required to bring a dish. I brought these to a Halloween party last month, and everyone really enjoyed them.
- A snack or breakfast 🙂
- For a ladies night in