This past Sunday hubby went to the New York Jets game so I had the whole apartment to MYSELF!
I think alone time is so important. It is the perfect time to reflect on yourself and truly relax. No interruptions…no judgments. And when you’re married or living with someone, it’s also the perfect time to watch whatever you want on TV 🙂
When I get this alone time I like to treat myself. It could be a little pampering, making myself a nice meal or even laying in my PJs and doing absolutely nothing! (#dreamlife)
So I planned out my entire day: Make brunch, drink champagne, binge watch Netflix, do my nails, work on the blog, read & drink more champagne!
I’m a big fan of bubbly
I’ve said this before: Brunch is my favorite meal! And Sundays are meant for brunch right? RIGHT! (and champagne)Sundays are meant for brunch right? RIGHT! Click To Tweet
I was also really craving pizza, so decided to try my shot at a Breakfast Pizza. How hard could it be? Pretty easy actually! I used two Pillsbury Southern Style Biscuits as my “pizza dough,” butter and garlic as my “sauce”
then added bacon, cheese, hash browns and eggs as my toppings. (Are you drooling yet?)
It turned out pretty delish! It was cheesy, crunchy, savory and dense. The perfect little “pizza” for one. I have to admit though, this was NOT a healthy breakfast/brunch.
If you are looking for a cheat day breakfast or brunch, than this is the recipe for you.
P.s. I left the calories out of this one because calories don’t count during brunch 🙂
Highlights Of This Recipe
- This is more of a special occasion brunch due to it’s longer preparation time and density
- Could be fun to make with kids
- It can be easily customized. Use different cheese, scramble your eggs, use veggies…the world is yours!
- Can be doubled for a brunch with multiple people
- Pairs well with brunch cocktails
- When you have the day to yourself and you want to eat like a Queen/King
- When you’re trying to impress your boo with brunch at home or breakfast in bed
- When you need to eat your feelings
- When it’s your cheat day