If you haven’t heard lately, cauliflower is the bomb.com now! Or actually it always was. I remember a couple of years ago realizing that cauliflower was the underdog vegetable, and becoming obsessed on finding out all of the ways I could make it! My latest craze is cauliflower pizza crust. What is better than pizza? Or actually, what is better than a pizza that you can eat in its entirety without feeling guilt? NADA BABY!
You’ve probably seen the craze all over Pinterest, like this one:Cheesy goodness and maybe you’ve even been a little hesitant to try it. Maybe you’ve even asked yourself, “What kind of person would want to make pizza differently? Isn’t it perfect in it’s regular doughy, cheesy form?” You would be correct in thinking this way, however when you’re like me and your trying to keep up your sexy (remember #fitlife), you’re unfortunately going to need some healthy alternatives.
Enter my recipe: Since I have a slight obsession with garlic, I chose to create a Parmesan & Garlic cauliflower crust!
***Warning: you’re breath might be a little toxic after, have some gum handy. It will be worth it though.
1 head of Cauliflower
1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese
3 – 4 teaspoons chopped garlic (I use Polaner chopped garlic. Save yo’ self some time!)
1 Tablespoon Oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste (Tip: Please, for the love of (insert anything you believe in), please taste your food as you cook! Always…always…always)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut the cauliflower into little “florets” and use a food processor to chop up your cauliflower until it looks like “rice”
- Place your cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl, cover, and cook in the microwave for 7 minutes
- Once cauliflower is done, put it on a clean dish/kitchen towel (a lot of other recipes say use a “tea towel”, but 1. who really has a “tea towel” lying around their house? and 2. If they did, they are probably calling it a dish towel. ::end rant::) and use the towel to squeeze all of the water out of the cauliflower. This step is pretty important. Make sure you get as much of the water out as possible!
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and other seasonings. Then on a baking sheet with parchment paper (I used aluminum foil because that was all I had at the moment. If you use this, spray it with nonstick spray), spread the mixture out into whatever shape you would like your pizza to be. Classic circle? Sicilian? Triangle? This is your party honey!
- Bake the crust 15 – 20 minutes until its nice and firm, remove from the oven and then add your sauce, cheese and toppings! I used classic mozzarella cheese but feel free to be creative and use whatever your little heart desires.
- Place back in the oven under the broiler until your cheese is nice and gooey.
Highlights of this recipe:
- There’s a strong chance you will have all of these ingredients in your home already, so no running to the supermarket for ingredients.
- It’s hella easy! Also hella tasty! So basically a winner.
- It’s perfect for 2 people. Any more, you will need to double the recipe
- It’s pretty much a blank slate. Don’t want garlic, fine just leave it out. Want to add some heat, add red pepper flakes. The world is yours!
- Feeling creative on a budget
- A date night in!
- Pizza making parties with the kiddies
- When you’ve had a bad day and you want to binge eat but don’t want your scale to look at you with judgey eyes!
How do you like your pizza? Have you tried any other cauliflower recipes? Let us know in the comments below
*Modified from: cooklisacook.blogspot.com
Peace loves ✌💜