So I’ve been reading this amazing book called “The Champagne Diet” and one chapter speaks about making sure to glamorize your meals. Basically this means not only focusing on eating foods that are good for your body but also taking time to enjoy your meals, eating them consciously (like actually taking time to chew your food ::side-eye::) and creating habits in your life that help your overall wellness!Take time to enjoy your meals and eat them consciously Click To Tweet
So what does this have to do with my recipe today?
- I called it sexy! Why? Because I have a really hard time loving salads. However, I LOVE feeling fabulous, so calling my salad “sexy” just mentally makes me more happy to eat it.
- I want to make more of an effort to create these “less guilt” but exciting recipes that aren’t bland and boring, but packed with flavor and made with love!
- It wasn’t completely “clean” (I used canned tomatoes ::gasp::) but I wasn’t mad about it because it was yummy as hell and the entire book focuses on this concept as well. Making better choices but also not feeling guilty for the moments we get off course. Because no matter what boo, you’re flawless (Beyonce voice). Oh and I also had a beer with it, sooooooooo yeah!
So anyway on to the recipe for Sexy Shrimp Taco Salad
With Taco Tuesday in effect and my strong craving for shrimp tacos, I decided last night would be the best night to try out a shrimp taco salad. Now, a lot of my dinner decisions are done with my husband in mind. I am not about making separate meals (I’m not a restaurant) so I usually have to think of something that will not only be tasty, but filling enough for the both of us. If I’m making a salad for dinner than I need to pack it either with a lot of protein or enough toppings so that neither of us feels like a rabbit.
I used shrimp with a garlic marinade, avocado, a corn salsa, tortilla strips and shredded cheese. Easy peasy!
While the shrimp was marinating in my garlic mixture, I made the salsa. I cooked frozen corn, diced tomatoes with chilies and red onion until the corn was soft and the onions were smelling just right.
Then I cooked the shrimp over a medium heat until they were nice and pink, about 5 – 7 minutes.
Once the shrimp were done it was just time to put together the salad. I used a 100% Organic spring mix, sliced Haas Avocado, tortilla strips, shredded cheese (any kind you like) and added my corn salsa and cooked shrimp. There you have it: Sexy Shrimp Taco Salad!
Optional: Sour cream, guacamole, dressing and beer
It was so good and I was nice and full afterwards. But not like food baby full. I was happy to be able to fulfill my shrimp taco craving sans the tortilla shells.
- Fulfilling your Tuesday night taco craving (or shrimp taco salad craving)
- Fast mid-week meals
- Feeling sexy about your eating habits
- When you want a salad but not a boring one
After you make this bomb ass recipe, please make sure to also check out “The Champagne Diet” by Cara Alwill Leyba. I’ve become completely obsessed with her and this is the third book of hers I have read in the last 2 months. It’s all about creating a healthier, more fabulous, fulfilling lifestyle and finding your inner superstar. Plus she encourages champagne drinking so she’s basically my favorite type of person. 🙂