Wicked Bloom DC Social Cub
1540 N Capitol St NW
Washington, DC 20002
This past Wednesday I had the chance to attend the #TASTETHEWICKED event held at Wicked Bloom DC Social Club. At the event I mingled with some DC area foodies and got the chance to sip and taste a few items from Wicked Bloom’s new(ish) menu. Once a sister establishment to DCist Smokehouse, Wicked Bloom took advantage of the evening to re-introduce themselves as the stand-alone neighborhood bar “where everyone knows your name.” The vibe of the evening was laid back, and staff went above and beyond to make sure everyone at the event did not leave hungry or anything less than tipsy. #blessup
Their specialty cocktails were average priced ($10-$12) and hella strong! Like, “I shouldn’t be drinking this hard on a Wednesday” type of strong. As for food, it was an eclectic play on your typical bar food, and dee-licious! As I sat there with my light buzz, stomach full and vintage funk and afrobeats playing in the background, I quickly felt like I was exactly where I needed to be. I was most definitely in my happy place.
If you come and leave happier than when you arrived, then we’ve done our job!” – Bar manager Lance Smith
Basically, I’ll describe Wicked bloom like this: if you want to unwind after a long day and be surrounded by other dope ass people with positive vibes, then Wicked Bloom is your spot. If you’re just looking for good food, strong drinks and great music, Wicked Bloom is your spot. If you are weird like me and always dreamed of having your “go to” bar where you’re greeted with “do you want the usual today?”, then Wicked Bloom can probably be your spot. (If anyone’s reading this I’ll take the Bon Soir and Queso Compuesto please 🙂 )
Here’s a rundown on what we had and what you should try on your next visit:
Some final few things to note:
- Besides what’s on their specialty cocktail menu, if Lance is there ask him to whip you up the “woodford smith.” #thankmelata
- The Wednesday night DJ is lit!
- If you can solve their riddles (written on the back wall) you get a free “Shanes Shandy.”
- The old bay deviled eggs should be ordered every visit! They are THAT good. I didn’t get a pick because I’m a fatty and was too excited to eat them.
- There aren’t that many bars close by so if you’re coming, expect to stay, this ain’t a stop on your bar hop.